SwiStudium has a great opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer to join a Manufacturing Company deeply rooted in Ticino.
Our Client is a leading manufacturer of custom micro-components for medical devices and other highly specialized applications with a global client base and multiple production sites in Asia.
The Company is now experiencing a phase of growth and development, and is seeking a motivated candidate to fill the role of
who will align his personal strengths to the common targets of the Group.
The position will be a key part of the Engineering, Quality and Production team seeking to optimize the manufacturing process and quality assurance of both legacy and next generation products.
This mission will be fulfilled through the following responsibilities::
- Support the Engineering Manager in direct collaboration with Production and Quality Departments in driving continuous improvement of manufacturing operations in Switzerland.
- Addressing quality issues (process and material related) by identifying problems, coordinating root-cause analyses, examining solution options with manufacturing and quality engineering, and following up of action plans
- Effectively communicating and reinforcing commitment to quality improvement efforts
- Supporting Quality and Engineering in the supplier qualification process in order to ensure supply base is fully qualified and compliant both on Company as well as on manufacturing process level
- Performing Measurement System Analysis (MSA) to ensure consistency of methods with reference to client requirements.
- Participating in Product Development and Industrialization phase to ensure high process capability is achieved in production (in Switzerland and in Asian subsidiaries).
- Monitoring of Production both in terms of data collection, reporting and in the field (“hands on”, very operative) including periodic auditing to drive continuous improvement of process capabilities.
- Providing guidance and support to operational management through process expertise facilitating the optimization of new product industrializations
Above all else, a “hands on” dynamic approach! In addition to below requirements, the ideal candidate is someone extremely operative and interested in direct, hands on involvement.
- Bachelor’s Technical Degree in Manufacturing/Process Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Quality Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of electronics, electro-magnetics, magnetics a plus
- Basic SW knowledge of CAD (Solidworks) and PLC (Panasonic, Siemens) a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 standards a plus
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Italian
- Proven track record of driving continuous product and process improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Good communication, influencing, planning and analytical skills
- A dynamic, broad-minded, result-oriented and team-oriented personality
- When necessary, willing to travel to other production sites and clients world-wide for short periods
The person we would like to meet is as comfortable on the production floor getting to the root of an issue as they are behind a computer analysing and reporting their findings.
You are an assertive and solutions-oriented problem solver. You readily offer opinions and are prepared to take action.